Sonntag, 25. November 2007

Sunday



As promised, in order to be able to attach more photos I seperated Saturday and Sunday.


This weekend was not really a big sightseeing weekend but thus I got some time to relax.

However, I did a little bit of sightseeing today.

I visited a hutong near the White Pagode "Baita Si" and the White Pagode temple itself. The hutong was quite "real". No tourists in it apart from myself. Thus I could see some real hutong life. Children playing on the street, bicycles trying to sell charcoal (Holzkohle) for the heating, small shops, people cooking.


Also the Baita Si was not crowded. In fact, apart from me I think there were maybe five more visitors (all Asian). The White Pagode is the biggest bottle shaped pagode of Beijing. It was built under the Mongolian King Kublai Khan by a Nepalese architect. The pagode itself is 51 meter high. Inside the temples around the pagode there's some nice religious sculptures.


I attach some photos so that you can have an impression about Baita Si.

I wish you all a nice start into the new week!

Keine Kommentare: