Dienstag, 13. November 2007

Buyiing a lot of things


Shopping in China


We have a Chinese market next door. There you can buy clothes in a huge variety and also one stand there offers DVDs.

Today I went there because I only wanted to buy gloves for the cold winter but walking through the silk market(as it is called) I bought much more. Probably the prices were not too low (rather foreign people's prices), but still quite cheap for me. Some examples to illustrate you the price level for clothes and DVDs here in China:

DVD 10 yuan each (1 EUR)

new handbag 70 yuan (7 EUR)

winter coat 170 yuan (17 EUR).


They usually start with a much higher price. In the winter coat case the seller first wanted 400 yuan. So I started with 50 yuan and we met somewhere in the middle.


How do I know I still paid too much? The seller of the handbag afterwards still called me "pengyou" which is Chinese for "friend". I guess that is a sign I still paid too much.


The foto attached shows the food market we visited on Saturday.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi Katha! Looks like i have to set up a list with my favorite DVD's for you. You seem to have good negotiating skills.. :)