Dienstag, 20. November 2007

Learning Chinese

Chinese course
This week I improve my Chinese. My boss had given her OK that I'd attend an intensive Chinese course this week and only after the course come to the office. So I booked a course at "Sprachcaffe Beijing". The school is nicely situated just near Tianmen Place and Forbidden City. I go there by taxi and subway so I cannot exactly guess how much time it's going to take to get there in the morning because I have to go there at rush hour. Therefore today I got there much too early.

Diabolo exercise
I seized the opportunity to stroll around in the park where the school is located and once again I saw Chinese people doing sports together. I watched people doing a kind of "tai chi" with a sword, others doing real "tai chi" and yet others doing circus arts with a diabolo. This reminded me of a workshop I twice participated in and which taught me to instruct circus camps with children. There I quite loved diabolo. So it was hard for me to just watch the people perform without having my own diabolo with me.

The course itself
On Monday I had to do a test to find out what level of class I should attend. Astonishingly, they put me in the highest course they got right now, which is intermediate. In my class there's Italians who studied Chinese for three years at university. That's why it is quite hard for me to follow sometimes - but I like challenges! You surely can understand I now need to learn some new words and do some writing exercise.

Zaijian!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

This was ja sowas von clear, that you got in the best Kurs.
When not you, who denn?

I´m glad to hear that your fine in China. I´m following curiously your blog, and i hope to see some more pictures.

English is not so my Stärke.

LG from NbgM

Dominique