Montag, 3. Dezember 2007

ILL IN Beijing

Ill in Beijing

Yes, you read correctly. Unfortunately, the unusual food here still causes me "problems" on average once a week so far. I hope that will improve because when I have stomach problems, I don't feel that good in general.

Apart from that last week I had some severe back pain. So my colleagues insisted on bringing me to the hospital. You might ask: Why the hospital and not a resident doctor?
This is due to the Chinese health system: They don't have many resident doctors here, but nearly all doctors practice at hospitals. That's why we went to an international hospital. The doctor was English and his suggestion was a injection of morphium. When I said I don't like injektions he gave me some pills which were so strong that I couldn't walk home on my own. Luckily, two Chinese colleagues had come with me to the hospital and they brought me home. They are just so nice!
With the medicamentation I slept the rest of the day and the whole night and felt better two days afterwards.

But I wanted to try something different to strong Western medicamentation: That's why today I went to acupuncture. They put a lot of needles into the muscles that need strenghtening. I hope that works all right.

Keine Kommentare: