Donnerstag, 15. November 2007

Vegetarian Paradise / Getting started at work


Vegetarian Paradise


Not only did I have my second hot yoga lesson this week (yes, I went there again, especially in winter it can be quite nice because it is so warm) - this time it was two "big nosed friends" (foreigners) and the rest Chinese. The other foreigner left the room after 15 minutes and didn't return... and I am very proud to have survived 1,5 hours in there doing sport, although I did not participate fully as you need extreme body flexibility ("Gummikörper") in order to be an excellent yoga participant.

I also had another massage. And we went the second time to a nearby Vegetarian restaurant.

It's conviniently located nearby our apartments. It is called "Pure Lotus" and though it is quite expensive in Chinese terms, I really like it. They have tofu in all variations, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, an excellent service and nice atmosphere in the restaurant. So if you ever become Vegetarian and / or go to Beijing, you shouldn't miss it.


Getting started at work


From my colleagues I tried a lot of new fruits and foodstuff. Today a nice colleague gave me a persimmon (German: Kaki) to eat which was quite interesting in taste.

Also my outlook at work now is allright so that I can finally start contacting all the people and gathering information.

I still use to walk to work (one way 20 minutes) despite the coldness outside. But as far as I heard, in Germany it's even colder. On the way back I can always see construction work going on and I wonder about the local safety regulations. Sparks (German: Funken) fly through the dark air, workers seem to be working in the 20th floor hanging outside with just a rope for their own security, cables hang down on the pavement where people pass by and I really don't know whether there's still electricity on them.


Today I attach a foto of a famous type of "Beijing transport".

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Its good to hear you have a vegetarian restaurant nearby. Do you still remember about the bet we made? :)

In Germany you say Persimon as well. I didn't know that you can say Kaki too.

I think of you,
Gregor!