Freitag, 9. November 2007

Chinese massage

Ok, like promised some words about Chinese massage. It is not like usual German massage which is quite soft. Chinese massage is powerful.
First time I went to a massage place this week, they welcomed me very friendly. They first offered me fresh melon juice (hilarious :-) and a very good start). Then I had to change clothes to some weird pyjama. When the woman who was supposed to do the massage entered the room, I noticed she was quite tiny / small. But when she began I realized how much pressure her hands could excercise on me. She especially handled my sore points and afterwards I thought my back was destroyed forever, but after some days I noticed how my back felt better than before. However, even if it's now some days ago... the day after the massage was the worst: I felt like I couldn't sit, couldn't stand, couldn't lie down, couldn't move without pain.
Yesterday I tried a new massage: shoulder and head massage. Also quite weird: I thought they would massage the back of the head (like at a hairdresser), but instead the woman also massaged my cheeks (Backen), my forehead (Stirn) and all of my face including my ears. A quite nteresting experience!

Technical adventure on the way to being able to phone with a Chinese mobile number, part II:
Today I tried to insert the Chinese SIM card (in Chinese: "sim ka") into my German mobile. As a technical "idiot" I didn't even think that there was going to be a problem about simply taking off the German SIM card and inserting the Chinese one. The pure act of changing was not the problem, but my mobile said: "wrong SIM card". I investigated on the internet and found out that the German providers invented such a thing as a SIM lock. During the first two years of the mobile phone you cannot change the SIM card without applying for it and paying - just imagine - approximately 100 EUR to Deutsche Telekom (the provider). So I talked to my boss and she offered me to go to the mobile shop together next week and buy a new mobile for the Chinese SIM card, which according to her costs "a few hundred RMB" (in German: zweistelliger EUR-Betrag). I fear this is still cheaper than applying for a SIM lock removal in Germany.

Zaijian! (Goodby in Chinese, but the Chinese often say "bye bye" to each other instead)

Keine Kommentare: