Dienstag, 6. November 2007

Arrived - first days

The plane luckily was a direct flight from Munich to Beijing. However, as they already announced on the check-in, it was two hours late.

My first impression of China was that there is a lot of paperwork in order to be able to leave the airport. I had to sign that I do not carry any dreadful diseases (first paper), that I do have a visa (entry form, second paper) and that I do not carry anything valuable or dangerous with me. But, ok, I do not complain because finally after having dutifully filled the forms they let me inside the country.

And there I am! Beijing! The drive from the airport to the apartment was quicker than my expectations. Also the many trees alongside the airport road surprised me.

My apartment is in Hairun International Apartments. Due to the important new inhabitant :-) they had painted and cleaned the apartment. During the day I didn't pay much notice to the fact that the real estate agent mentioned that "heating season starts on the 15th of November" because the day was quite friendly (sunny and rather warm).
As it became dark I knew why he had mentioned this. It turned out to be awfully cold inside the building. Lucky me who had bought an additional blanket in "Li jia" ( Ikea in Chinese, literally means:in the house, if I got it right). Today the experience shows me: I even need to buy more blankets.

I already got to know the Chinese as amicable and nice people. Many colleagues offered their help in whatever I might need.

Will write more about this soon.

Keine Kommentare: