Dienstag, 9. September 2008

Saying goodbye to the pandas





The countdown of last ten days in Beijing will start tomorrow. But I already said goodbye to the national animal of China today. Where? In the Beijing zoo. They house several giant pandas brought there from Southern China for two main reasons: The Asian games (house 1) and the Olympic Games (house 2). From my Chengdu report you might already know that I like pandas. And they are vegetarian like me: "The panda has a diet which consists almost exclusively of bamboos." Here is the ultimate question for clever brains:-): which of the pandas on the photos are fake and which are real ones I saw in the zoo? One of the pandas was a special cutie: when I stood in front of him he turned to me and poked his tongue out at me!
The rest of the zoo was in parts quite shabby: broken glass, small enclosures and a little bit smelly in some parts so I left it soon and just visited the pandas and the fishes. Here is my opinion: Free the animals or treat them better! To properly finalize the panda experience I got myself the DVD of Kungfu Panda... and that's gonna be the movie for 2nite. A quote from the movie for you:
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, and that is why it's called the present."
"Das Gestern ist Geschichte, das Morgen nur Gerüchte, doch das Heute ist die Gegenwart und die zu erleben ist ein Geschenk!" Maybe that's a true quote, but I am nevertheless going to miss the cute pandas and probably that's a good reason to come back some time...

Keine Kommentare: