Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2008

Buddha in a Bunker in Shanghai



After having come back to Beijing on Tuesday noon last week, I was told that I was supposed to be going to Shanghai and Nanjing on Wednesday on a business trip again. There I staid until today night.

In Shanghai I didn't do much sightseeing anymore, I only visited Jing'an Temple. Lonely Planet writes: "Anyone familiar with the layout of Buddhist temple may be shocked at the flight of steel stairs in the main courtyard leading to what resembles a World War II German Bunker". I can only confirm: I have seen many temples in China (and Asia) so far, but this by far the most bizarre temple I have ever been to. They had buddhas in a concrete bunker there! Just have a look at the photos to have some impression yourself.

Keine Kommentare: