Donnerstag, 17. April 2008

K.O. after karaoke



Yesterday after work a nice colleague had invited four other colleagues (including me) of our office to do karaoke (karaoke is a Japanese word literally meaning 'empty orchestra'). When we reached the so-called 'KTV' place at 6 pm I was astonished how crowded this place was on a normal week day. Karaoke really is a favorite spare time activity of many Chinese. We had a private room for the five of us and a big dinner buffet for all the KTV rooms.

Then we sang ... and sang ... and sang. I was astonished how good the others could sing! We had a lot of fun singing the latest Chinese love songs and rap songs. If you want to know what Chinese contemporary music sounds like you can try to search for 'zhong guo hua' in the internet and listen to the music video. Beforehand I had prepared some Chinese songs and although I had forgotten some parts I managed quite well. Well, I also was quite surprised about some Chinese songs which were cover versions of European / American songs, e.g. 'Dragosta sin te': "madahu, madahaha" was the same, the rest of the song seems to have been a loose translation.

Keine Kommentare: