Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008

Yuanxiao Festival


Fireworks nonstop! - sweet rice balls nonstop?


Today is the 15th day of Chinese New Year festival which is the last day of this festival.

I was wrong last time to tell you that the traditional day to eat sweet rice balls was yesterday, in reality this day is today. I got some wrong information there- that's why I have been eating sweet rice balls now for three days in a row :-). I even ordered the rice balls yesterday night especially for Agnes who now is a great fan of sweet rice balls, aren't you, Agnes :-)?


Firework started today quite early at around 6pm and you can see a lot more firework than during the last days. Why that? It's the last day on which the Chinese are allowed to greet the new year with fireworks - tomorrow it is prohibited again. That's why everybody is using the left-overs now.

From my apartment in the 5th floor I have a nice view on the firework - pls. see the attachment.


I especially enjoyed my experience about the first Chinese festival I was able to join in!


Keine Kommentare: