Samstag, 3. Mai 2008

Smog, heavy rain and other visits

Yesteray my parents arrived in Beijing. I showed them around a bit, but because of the May holidays Tianmen was crowded like never before. Just too many people! The heavy smog over the town disapeared today with heavy rain, thunder and lightning. So we went shopping and visited the architectural museum (well worth visiting with a miniature of Beijing in 1949 and more) instead of walking around in the rain.
In the afternoon when I went back to the hotel I had a very talkative taxi driver who while driving me around helped his daughter to move flat. So we drove to her old home first, loaded her bike and other belongings and took them with us. The taxi driver also asked me to talk to her on the phone to practice her English. That was fun! Apart from that he didn't believe me that the two persons with me in the cab had been my mum and dad. He told me they just looked too young... Well, mum and dad, you could be proud to hear that.

Keine Kommentare: